7/10/13

run Disney!


Ok, so I love Disney more than the average twenty-something. My family and I went once a year, every year, until I was 15. My grandparents still go and live there for almost half the year. My whole family is Disney-obsessed.

So you can imagine how pumped I was to learn that Disney hosts themed races at the Walt Disney Resort. The two upcoming races are the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 mile race in October, and the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February, omg. I googled pictures of past races, I'm preeeettttyyyy sure they give you a crown.



They're not as expensive as you'd think ($135 for the Princess Half Marathon if you apply early) and you get to run through Epcot and The Magic Kingdom.

You have to run under a 16 minute mile or else they'll pick you up on a golf cart and transport you to the finish line. I run about a 9 minute mile which is obviously not amazing. (Just to put your mile time into perspective, the world's best marathoners run between a 4 and 5 minute mile... and that's marathon, meaning 26.2 miles at below 5 minutes per mile.) I'm guessing a brisk walk would put you around 15 or so minutes a mile. So, if you're not a "runner", you can still do this.

I would love love love to do a Disney Run. Add it to the bucket list. Maybe this winter when my grandparents are there... In the meantime, if you've got a vacation weekend or you're from Florida-- Do a Disney Run!

Twilight Zone Run

Disney Princess Half Marathon

More Disney Runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment