10/30/13

Protein PACKED french toast!

25g protein, 289 calories

Need I say more?? It's DELICIOUS and the perfect way to start your day (protein and carbs!)

If you are a regular exerciser, you need more protein than you probably think you do. Being a carb-addict like me, I have to get pretty creative in the ways I meet my daily protein requirement. (To calculate yours, read this.)

This french toast has taken the place of our Oat Pancakes because while it still satisfies your sweet tooth, it's FULL of protein. I almost can't believe how much is in here.






Protein Packed French Toast Recipe:

2 slices of Brownberry Double Protein Whole Grain Bread.
3 large egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

beat the eggs, cinnamon and vanilla.
drench your bread in the egg mixture.
place the uncooked french toast on a preheated skillet (medium/high heat) and cook for 2 minutes each side.

It's a toughie, I know.




If you need a little syrup (as I always do) use Raw Agave Nectar or a little real maple syrup. If you're super worried about the extra sugar, the cinnamon in the french toast actually lowers your glycemic index, so you won't get a super huge blood sugar spike if you use a little syrup, but stay away from the fake syrups that contain high fructose corn syrup!

Do you have a favorite protein-packed breakfast??


No comments:

Post a Comment