9/24/13

The House Menu!!

Our house menu is in a Lisa Frank notebook
When you shop for meal prep day, how do you plan for it? Do you make a list or do you just go to the store and walk around grabbing stuff? If you make a list, where do your ideas come from? Memory?

If you're anything like me (25 and arguably senile) your memory doesn't always function at maximum capacity all the time. 


If I had to plan my meal prep days from pure memory of what dishes are acceptable and clean, I would probably always do a crappy job and always just eat pb&j and avocados.

Here's what I do to make it easier on myself.




The House Menu!!

Dedicate a small notebook to meal and snack ideas that:

-You enjoy eating (and you will legitimately eat)
-are nutritious, clean and acceptable to eat

You can separate them into macronutrient categories so it's easier to plan for the correct proportions in your daily diet, or you can group them by breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks. Whatever works best for you.



  
Proteins

Fats



Having a House Menu makes meal prep day go wayyyyy easier. Having a list of healthy meals and snacks that you've tried and you enjoy eating is a victory in itself, and now you can easily flip through your House Menu while you're making your weekly Meal Prep list before you hit the grocery store. 


Before I go shopping I make my lists and don't really even have to think about it when I'm in the store. Having the house menu is awesome because I'll get on a kick where I'll eat the same thing for three weeks and totally forget about something else (hard boiled eggs just recently made their way back into my diet after being on an omelette kick!) Don't underestimate your mind's power in forgetting things (especially healthy food!)

Part of your success with changing and maintaining your healthy lifestyle comes from your ability to plan. Not having the time or effort (or memory power) will only hinder your progress, so do what you gotta do! Make those lists!

Bonus points if you make it look pretty like an actual menu!


Show me on Instagram (@mandacrystal) -- I want to see yours! #housemenu


Click here to read more about meal prep!

Want to see what's on my menu? Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment