1/28/14

PROTEIN! And Clean Cocktail Sauce Recipe

Looking for a good way to get your protein? Just 7 extra large shrimp bought from your grocery's fridge or freezer isle is 26 grams of protein and only 140 calories. Amazing I know!


I don't know about you guys but I NEED cocktail sauce with shrimp. Store bought cocktail sauce contains high fructose corn syrup, so instead, make your own!

Clean Cocktail Sauce Recipe

  • 1 cup Simply Heinz Ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons of horseradish (from a jar, NOT horseradish SAUCE.)
  • 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional, I left this out)
  • hot sauce to taste
  • Sweetener, like liquid stevia drops, if you like yours a little sweeter. I left this out.
Just mix it all up and add more horseradish to taste!

This is a great lean protein snack, too!

**Frozen pre-cooked shrimp are high in sodium; if this is an issue for you buy them FRESH! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment