8/22/13

The best alternative to sugar.

Do you have a sugar addiction? I do.

The more sugary sweet stuff you eat, the more you crave it. It's a never-ending cycle and those chemical artificial sweeteners (Splenda, Equal, etc.) are sooooo not the answer.

For a while I was using Truvia, which is the common grocery store brand who produces powdered Stevia. It took me a long time to realize it, but Truvia was making me sick and bloated every time I used it. "But why?" I thought, "Stevia is natural, not chemical!"

The answer? Maltodextrin.

Maltodextrin is a starchy food additive used to "bulk up" a product, and it's in Truvia. The second maltodextrin hits my digestive tract my belly blows up like a balloon. So, desperate to continue satisfying my sweet tooth, I found this:

Liquid gold, I mean Stevia Extract. This stuff is pure, clean, no joke. There's no additives, just the extract from the stevia leaf. It tastes way better than the powdered Truvia (maltodextrin has a slight chemical taste) and you only need a teeny tiny bit of it. 

4 ounces is about 11 bucks, and it lasts a whole lot longer than Truvia.

Hate the taste of Truvia and loathe artificial sweeteners? Buy pure liquid stevia extract on Vitacost.

Sugar addicts, unite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment