11/26/13

Pumpkin spice cookies!

It's almost Turkey Day!! This year I'm bring these moist little pumpkin spice cookies to our family's dinners. They're delicious, EASY, and healthier than anything else on the dessert table.

The recipe is pretty involved, are you ready for it??

1. Boxed Spice Cake mix (Use whatever you find in the store, or this.)
2. Canned Pumpkin.













BOOM! Cookies. Mix the two together, put spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or sprayed lightly with olive oil) and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until they rise and aren't squishy in the middle. *Cooking time depends on how big your cookies are, so just watch them! Use a toothpick to check the consistency of the inside.

You can get a little more creative with this if you want. I removed a little over a quarter of a cup of cake mix and subbed in whole wheat pastry flour instead. (Less bleached flour, less sugar). I added a little extra pumpkin spice, nutmeg, and liquid stevia because I love everything wayy too sweet. You could sprinkle powdered sugar on top, ice them, or serve them with frozen yogurt. The cookies come out like moist little chunks of pumpkin bread, and I've been eating mine with a little Earth Balance butter on top!

I don't think I'll tell our families that these are "health cookies" -- they'll never know anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment